You are not yet enrolled in this course.
Workplace harassment is illegal and destructive to any organization. It is important to treat everyone in the workplace with respect and dignity. Workplace harassment must be identified, discouraged, and prevented in order to keep a hostile work environment from developing. Left unchecked, harassment can escalate into violence. Workplace harassment training is essential to the welfare of all businesses and their employees.
Allowing workplace harassment to continue will cause legal problems while destroying company morale. Many people are uncertain about what constitutes harassment, and they are confused when their actions are pointed out as demeaning. Legally, harassment is any word, gesture, or action that offends people or makes them feel uncomfortable or intimidated. You never know how sensitive people are, so never say or do anything if you are not sure how it will be received.
Key Concepts Covered Include:
• Define workplace violence.
• Understand bullies and how to avoid hiring them.
• Create a risk assessment and understand how to handle violence.
• Recognize social and business responsibility.
• Develop relevant policies and procedures.
• Learn how to investigate complaints.