|I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.|
Welcome to the Workplace Harassment workshop. Workplace Harassment can be based on a variety of factors that differ from one person to another, such as race, sex, and disability.
This course will give you the tools necessary to recognize harassment in the workplace as well understand your rights and responsibilities under the law. It will also touch on safety in the workplace, which is in of itself a very important item in any organization.
Three main actions constitute harassment:
- When someone is doing something to you to make you uneasy.
- When someone is saying something to you to make you feel uneasy.
- When someone knowingly puts your life at risk in some way.
Key Concepts Covered Include:
- Identify the words and actions that constitute harassment.
- Understand what the law says about harassment.
- Implement anti-harassment policies.
- Educate employees and develop anti-harassment policies.
- Discuss employer and employee’s rights and responsibilities.