With the world becoming more mobile and diverse, diversity has taken on a new importance in the workplace. This workshop will help participants understand what diversity is all about, and how they can help create a more diverse world at work and at home.
Key Concepts Covered Include:
• Explain the definition, terms and history of diversity
• Describe the meaning of stereotypes and biases, how they develop, and the reasons for your own perspectives
• List strategies for removing barriers to encouraging diversity for yourself, in the workplace, and in the social community
• Use active listening skills to receive messages in a diverse population, employ effective questioning techniques, and communicate with strength
• Understand the importance of body language, both your own, and that of others, and recognize its importance in interpersonal communications
• Identify ways to encourage diversity in the workplace, and prevent and discourage discrimination