In this growing electronic age, we often forget how important it can be to have simple telephone etiquette. Outside the realm of texting and emails, many people still use the telephone as a primary source of communication. Knowing the proper etiquette and procedures for speaking with someone on the telephone can show a great deal of professionalism as well as social knowledge.
Research has consistently demonstrated that when clear goals are associated with learning, it occurs more easily and rapidly. With that in mind, let’s review our goals for today.
Key concepts covered include:
• Recognize the different aspects of telephone language
• Properly handle inbound/outbound calls
• Know how to handle angry or rude callers
• Learn to receive and send phone messages
• Know different methods of employee training