Welcome to the Supervising Others workshop. Supervising others can be a tough job. Between managing your own time and projects, helping your team members solve problems and complete tasks, and helping other supervisors, your day can fill up before you know it. This workshop will help supervisors become more efficient. They will also become more proficient with delegating, managing time, setting goals and expectations (for themselves and others), providing feedback, resolving conflict, and administering discipline.
Research has consistently demonstrated that when clear goals are associated with learning, the learning occurs more easily and rapidly. With that in mind, let’s review our goals for today.
Key concepts covered incude:
• Define requirements for particular tasks
• Set expectations for your staff
• Set SMART goals for yourself
• Help your staff set SMART goals
• Assign work and delegate appropriately
• Provide effective, appropriate feedback to your staff
• Manage your time more efficiently
• Help your team resolve conflicts
• Understand how to manage effectively in particular situations
• Understand what a new supervisor needs to do to get started on the right path