Welcome to the Stress Management workshop. Positive and negative stress is a constant influence on all of our lives. The trick is to maximize the positive stress and to minimize the negative stress. This workshop will give participants a three-option method for addressing any stressful situation, as well as a toolbox of personal skills, including using routines, relaxation techniques, and a stress log system.
Research has consistently demonstrated that when clear goals are associated with learning, it occurs more easily and rapidly. With that in mind, let’s review our goals for today.
Key concepts covered include:
• Identify the best approach to a stressful situation (Alter, Avoid, or Accept
• Understand what lifestyle elements you can change to reduce stress
• Use routines to reduce stress
• Use environmental and physical relaxation techniques
• Better cope with major events
• Use a stress log to identify stressors and create a plan to reduce or eliminate them