People love to stay connected, so it’s no wonder that social media sites continue to grow in popularity. However, with social media sites going mobile and are open 24 hours a day, people can often forget where to draw the line, especially at work. Companies should examine how this media is affecting them and how they can implement ways to move forward with technology without letting it interfere with productivity.
To effectively learn how to use social media in the workplace, an employee must learn the basic building blocks of social media and the different ways they interact and perform. Once we understand that social media is about communication, we can establish guidelines that allow employees feel free to network while staying focused at work.
• Learn the meaning of social media
• Learn different ways social media is used and altered
• Build and maintain a social media policy
• Keeping your social media secure
• Establishing rules for the social media the company posts
• Discover the benefits and pitfalls of using social media