Social intelligence can seem like a complicated term and can make many of us feel nervous. But social intelligence is something we deal with every day and it can help us navigate better experiences from our social environment. Whether we’re at home or at work, knowing how to be more aware of ourselves and our surroundings can help us make the best out of any social situation!
Research has consistently demonstrated that when clear goals are associated with learning, it occurs more easily and rapidly. With that in mind, let’s review our goals for today.
Key concepts covered include:
• Be aware of our own behaviors
• Learn to be empathetic with others
• Know tools for active listening
• Effectively communicate interpersonally
• Recognize various social cues
• Determine appropriate conversation topics
• Know various forms of body language