Those who are in management are responsible for protecting the safety of their employees. Workplace safety, however, is the responsibility of everyone in an organization. Companies have legal obligations to meet certain safety requirements, but many go further than the minimum obligations. Safety standards and procedures must be put in place, and everyone needs to follow the standards in order for them to be effective.
Research has consistently demonstrated that when clear goals are associated with learning, it occurs more easily and rapidly. With that in mind, let’s review our goals for today.
Key concepts covered include:
• Define workplace safety.
• Understand legal responsibilities associated with a safe work environment.
• Create a safety plan and identify hazards.
• Recognize the role of management.
• Develop training procedures.
• Learn how to implement a safety plan.