Welcome to the Project Management workshop. In the past few decades, organizations have discovered something incredible: principles that have been used to create enormous successes in large projects can be applied to projects of any size to create amazing success. As a result, many employees are expected to understand project management techniques and how to apply them to projects of any size.
This workshop will give participants an overview of the entire project management process, as well as key project management tools that they can use every day.
Research has consistently demonstrated that when clear goals are associated with learning that the learning occurs more easily and rapidly. With that in mind, let’s review our goals for today.
Key concepts covered include:
• Define projects, project management, and project managers
• Identify the importance of the PMBOK and PMI
• Identify the five process groups and ten knowledge areas as defined by the PMI
• Describe the triple constraint
• Perform a project needs assessment and write goals, requirements, and deliverables
• Create key project documents, including the statement of work, project planning worksheet, and project charter
• Build a project schedule by estimating time, costs, and resources