Welcome to the Presentation Skills workshop. This program can benefit anyone who presents; a trainer, a meeting facilitator, speaker, or seminar discussion leader. No matter which role you are assuming, this workshop will help you become more efficient and proficient with the skills of providing information to others.
Research has consistently demonstrated that when clear goals are associated with learning, the learning occurs more easily and rapidly. With that in mind, let’s review our goals for today.
Key concepts covered include:
• Perform a needs analysis and prepare an outline
• Select presentation delivery methods
• Practice verbal and non-verbal communication skills
• Knock down nervousness
• Develop and use flip charts with color
• Create targeted PowerPoint presentations
• Utilize white boarding for reinforcement
• Describe how video and audio enhance a presentation and list criteria for determining what types to use
• Enrich the learning experience with humor, questions, and discussion.