Performance Management is not a company’s way of employing “micro-managing” techniques that stunt the professional growth of its employees. But rather, it is a strategic approach to ensuring the efficiency and effectiveness of an organization. Whether at the organizational, departmental or employee level, the goal of performance management is to make sure all business goals are being met in a satisfactorily manner.
Key Concepts Covered Include:
• Define performance management.
• Understand how performance management works and the tools to make it work.
• Learn the three phases of performance management and how to assess it.
• Discuss effective goal-setting.
• Learn how to give feedback on performance management.
• Identify Kolb’s Learning Cycle.
• Recognize the importance of motivation.
• Develop a performance journal and performance plan.