Office politics, or work politics, are the strategies and procedures that employees use to function and advance in a work setting. It is important for managers to learn and understand the office environment and the employees that make it tick. Since the manager interacts with several aspects of the workplace, one should learn how to effectively work with colleagues, supervisors, and upper management in order to help keep the department functioning as a whole.
Key Concepts Covered Include:
• Understand the purpose and benefits of office politics.
• Setting boundaries and ground rules for new employees.
• Learn to interact and influence among colleagues.
• Learn how to manage various personality types in the office.
• Determine how to gain support and effectively network.
• Recognize how you are a part of a group and how you function.