Welcome to the Negotiation Skills workshop. Although people often think of boardrooms, suits, and million dollar deals when they hear the word “negotiation,” the truth is that we negotiate all the time. For example, have you ever:
• Decided where to eat with a group of friends?
• Decided on chore assignments with your family?
• Asked your boss for a raise?
These are all situations that involve negotiating! This workshop will give participants an understanding of the phases of negotiation, tools to use during a negotiation, and ways to build win-win solutions for all those involved.
Key Concept Covered Include:
• Understand the basic types of negotiations, the phases of negotiations, and the skills needed for successful negotiating
• Understand and apply basic negotiating concepts: WATNA, BATNA, WAP, and ZOPA
• Lay the groundwork for negotiation
• Identify what information to share and what to keep to yourself
• Understand basic bargaining techniques