It might sound a little strange to say that we should be happy at work. After all, it’s called work! But we spend more time at our jobs than we do engaged in almost any other activity. If we’re unhappy at work, we’re likely to feel the effects in other areas of our lives, too. Finding ways to be happy at work not only brings you greater productivity and greater job satisfaction, but will help you achieve greater overall mental, emotional, and physical health.
Research has consistently demonstrated that when clear goals are associated with learning, it occurs more easily and rapidly. With that in mind, let’s review our goals for today.
Key concepts covered include:
• Discuss how planning ahead cultivates workplace happiness
• Create a nightly routine and daily plan
• Relate more effectively to others in the workplace
• Understand how the workspace environment impacts happiness
• Think more positively
• Take actions that will create greater workplace happiness