Effective, high-quality management is key to organizational success. No matter what your industry, your organization needs to have skilled managers in place to be the best it can be. But managers don’t just appear out of nowhere, equipped with the skills to succeed. Managers need to be developed. And while your organization is likely to do a mix of external hiring and internal promotion, taking the time to develop new managers from within the organization is a worthwhile time investment. There are several strategies that can help you develop new managers, which ensures not just the success of individual employees but of the organization as a whole.
Research has consistently demonstrated that when clear goals are associated with learning, it occurs more easily and rapidly. With that in mind, let’s review our goals for today.
Key concepts covered include:
• Discuss strategies for developing new managers
• Understand the importance of defining a clear management track
• Determine core roles and competencies for managers
• Understand the importance of continuous development for managers
• Apply the principles of manager development to your own organization