Any great boss will tell you that employee reviews are a cornerstone for having happy and productive employees. Employees need to know what their strengths and weaknesses are. Once an employee understands their performance, you and the employee can take steps to improve their weaknesses.
Research has consistently demonstrated that when clear goals are associated with learning, it occurs more easily and rapidly. With that in mind, let’s review our goals for today.
Key concepts covered include:
• Understand the process of conducting an annual review.
• Determine the categories for an annual review.
• Know the mistakes managers make during an annual review.
• Understand the concept of pay for performance.
• Know how to tie employee compensation to firm-wide returns.
• Know the value of employee communication.
• Gauge employees’ happiness.