Collaborative business writing is a growing trend among industries because it is a concept that utilizes the talent and knowledge of several individuals to create one final piece of work. Since collaborative writing in the workplace can be done by several different employees, the final work can feature several different views, aspects and opinions that may not be seen if the job had been completed by one person. This concept is also helpful when companies have large projects to finish, since it can be broken down into several ‘parts’ for team members to complete individually.
Research has consistently demonstrated that when clear goals are associated with learning, it occurs more easily and rapidly. With that in mind, let’s review our goals for today.
Key concepts covered include:
• Define collaborative business writing
• Know different types of collaborative writing
• Know how to collaborate with team members
• Learn methods of handling conflict in writing
• Build collaborative writing teams