Bloom’s Taxonomy is not just for elementary school teachers. The three domains of the taxonomy apply to adult education as well. In this manual, we will pay attention to the cognitive domain. This is the domain of knowledge and intellect, and it is the main focus of most educators. Although, it is important to remember that it works together with the other domains.
Research has consistently demonstrated that when clear goals are associated with learning, it occurs more easily and rapidly. With that in mind, let’s review our goals for today.
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
• Understand Bloom’s Taxonomy
• Explain the cognitive domain
• Explore the two cognitive domains
• Explain types of knowledge
• Identify training in the cognitive domain